Interview of Ms. Anandhi Bhashyam, Role Model to our Puthris and Ms.Charanya Divan - Content Designer.
Ms. Anandhi Bashyam, Role Model
As a Volunteer of Project Puthri, kindly
1. Share your Exciting / Fun / Heart-touching moment in your volunteering journey.
It was really a heart-touching moment for me when I realized I am capable of fixing someone's life by inspiring them when I was called for a role-model session to the young girls.
2.What's the one thing that made you to be a Volunteer?
I strongly believe that Big or small, all the things I do while volunteering are sure to make a difference in the lives of those who need it the most. It also gives me the opportunity to be a part of something bigger than myself and use my own skills and knowledge to assist in the empowerment of young girls.
3. Who inspires and keeps your volunteering momentum going on?
My childhood. Puthri is something, I could easily connect myself with. I had no exposure to the city /corporate/socializing culture until my graduation. But, I was blessed with right mentors, which helped me to be a successful person whom I am now in my career, so giving back to the society and setting the example is more satisfying for me.
4. Mention few key takeaways from this volunteering experience.
5. As a Volunteer, how do you plan and prioritize your time? Your motivational mantra for someone who would like to volunteer?
- It made me to realize small changes can have a big impact.
- It brings a deep appreciation of all that I have in life and helping those in need is a firm reminder of what really matters.
- The fulfilment that comes with helping another person, the satisfaction from knowing you've made a difference.
As a person, I would always love to keep myself occupied. Being a Project Manager, my profession always demands me to be an organised person wherein planning and prioritizing takes a major part. It helps me to apply the same in my personal life as well. I am thankful for the opportunities offered to me and also I should admit balancing, work, kid, volunteerism and a supporting family did not come without its struggles. My Mantra would be, Don't wait until everything is just right. It will NOT be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what? Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger.
Ms. Charanya Divan, Content Designer
As a Volunteer of Project Puthri, kindly
1) Share your exciting/fun/heart-touching moment in your volunteering journey
Volunteering in Puthri makes me feel alive because it gives me an opportunity to create positive change among girl children. I have learned that I can make a difference by doing small things, and it changed my life. Thanks to Puthri!
2) What's one thing that made you to be a volunteer
I think it is the motherhood that has changed my life for the better. When Puthri came by my way, it brought a sense of purpose and being wanted. Puthri gives me a great feeling that I am serving a crucial purpose to girl children. I am glad to be a part of Puthri!
3) Who inspires and keeps your volunteering momentum going on?
Committing to something you care about is a way to get momentum and keep going on. Girl's education is about so much more than knowledge. If a girl has equal access to education and employment, the benefits will be passed on to her family, community, and country. The fulfilment that comes with helping girl students and the satisfaction from knowing that I have made a difference in their lives is what keeps me going on.
4) Mention few takeaways from this volunteering experience
Am new to Puthri, and I feel the perks of volunteering is enormous. Volunteering helps me to reduce my stress and provide a sense of purpose. Besides, dedicating my time as a volunteer help expand my network and enhance my social skills. Thank you Puthri for giving me this wonderful opportunity!
5) As a volunteer, how do you plan and prioritize your time? Your motivational mantra for someone who would like to volunteer?
I am into writing, and I develop contents for Puthri whenever I find time. Besides the fact that doing good leads to more good deeds, volunteering is an amazing experience that stays with you forever and gives meaning to your life.
If you are considering becoming a volunteer, just go for it. It will be the most rewarding experience of your life. You will create a major impact on the community and the Puthris.